Arsenal ended its nine-year trophy drought on Saturday, coming from two goals...
Hamilton storms to maiden Bahrain win
Lewis Hamilton held off a charging Nico Rosberg to win his second consecutive race of the season in a thrilling finish to the Bahrain Grand Prix.
It was Hamilton’s maiden win in Bahrain and another perfect weekend for Mercedes as Rosberg pushed his team mate all the way to secure second for the Silver Arrows.
Force India had plenty to be happy about as Mexican Sergio Perez came home third, for the second podium in their history.
It was another dominant display for Mercedes who were at least a second per lap quicker than any of their rivals and if it wasn’t for the safety car being brought out with 10 laps to go Hamilton would have won by a clear margin.
It was the 2008 World Champions 24th career win which puts him level with the great Juan Manuel Fangio.
Rosberg remains in control of the championship with 61 points to Hamilton’s 50 while Mercedes are already a massive 77 points clear of second place Force India in the constructors following 2 maximum weekends.
Next stop on the Formula 1 calender is in China in 2 weeks time a circuit were both Hamilton and Rosberg have tasted success and a circuit that will certainly play into the hands of Mercedes.
1. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) Mercedes 1:39:42.743
2. Nico Rosberg (Germany) Mercedes +00:01.085
3. Sergio Perez (Mexico) Force India – Mercedes 00:24.067
4. Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) RedBull – Renault 00:24.489
5. Nico Huelkenberg (Germany) Force India – Mercedes 00:28.654
6. Sebastian Vettel (Germany) RedBull – Renault 00:29.879
7. Felipe Massa (Brazil) Williams-Mercedes 00:31.265
8. Valtteri Bottas (Finland) Williams-Mercedes 00:31.876
9. Fernando Alonso (Spain) Ferrari 00:32.595
10. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Ferrari 00:33.462