Arsenal ended its nine-year trophy drought on Saturday, coming from two goals...
Hamilton storms to third consecutive win
Lewis Hamilton stormed to a third consecutive race win of the season with a dominant performance that saw Mercedes deliver yet another perfect weekend in the Formula 1 World Championship.
Hamilton started on pole and was untouchable throughout the 56-lap race at Shanghai International Circuit. The 2008 F1 world champion crossed the finish line 18.6 seconds ahead of teammate Nico Rosberg to give Mercedes another 1-2 finish this season.
It’s the first time Hamilton has won three grand prix in a row. He also collected his 25th career victory, which placed him in a tie with Jim Clark and Niki Lauda for eighth on F1’s all-time race winners list. Hamilton now has three victories in the Chinese GP, which is more than any other driver.
Rosberg’s second-place finish allowed him to retain the lead in the world championship point standings. He has accumulated 79 points for the season, but Hamilton is just four points behind him.
1. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) Mercedes 1:36:52.810
2. Nico Rosberg (Germany) Mercedes +00:18.686
3. Fernando Alonso (Spain) Ferrari 00:25.765
4. Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) RedBull – Renault 00:26.978
5. Sebastian Vettel (Germany) RedBull – Renault 00:51.012
6. Nico Huelkenberg (Germany) Force India – Mercedes 00:57.581
7. Valtteri Bottas (Finland) Williams-Mercedes 00:58.145
8. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Ferrari 01:23.990
9. Sergio Perez (Mexico) Force India – Mercedes 01:26.489
10. Daniil Kvyat (Russia) Toro Rosso – Renault 1 lap