Arsenal ended its nine-year trophy drought on Saturday, coming from two goals...
Raikkonen sets fastest time as testing begins in Jerez
Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen set the fastest time as Formula 1 testing got underway in Jerez today however much of the attention was not about who went quickest but how would the revolutionary new cars with their 1.6 litre turbo charged engines perform.
It was a low key first day as the McLaren’s didn’t leave the garage due to electrical issues, Sebastian Vettel only did 3 laps and Lewis Hamilton crashed out in his slick looking Merecedes following front wing failure.
Testing continues tomorrow.
1. Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:27.104, 31 laps.
2. Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:27.820, 18 laps.
3. Bottas, Williams, 1:30.082, 7 laps.
4. Perez, Force India, 1.33:161, 11 laps.
5. Vergne, Toro Rosso, 1:36.530, 15 laps.
6. Gutierrez, Sauber, 1:42.257, 7 laps.
7. Vettel, Red Bull, No time, 3 laps.
8. Ericsson, Caterham, No time, 1 lap.
9. Button, McLaren, No time, 0 laps.