Arsenal ended its nine-year trophy drought on Saturday, coming from two goals...
Marquez cruises to Austin win
Marc Marquez ripped the field apart with a second consecutive win of the season at the Grand Prix of the Americas in Austin Texas.
Marquez completed a dominant weekend which saw him top the times in all practice sessions culminating in an 11th pole and 8th win from 20 career starts.
Dani Pedrosa made sure Honda came away with maximum points when he came home second with Ducati’s Andrea Dovizioso taking third place, a huge 20 seconds off the lead.
In a dramatic start, the 2010 and 2012 world champion Jorge Lorenzo had a jump start from fifth on the grid, the Spaniard having to endure a compulsory ride-through the pit lane on his factory Yamaha at the end of the first lap effectively ending his chances of a podium finish.
Yamaha team mate Valentino Rossi finished 8th, 45sec off the pace, while Lorenzo fought his way back to 10th place.
1. Marc Marquez (Spain) Honda 43:33.430
2. Dani Pedrosa (Spain) Honda 43:37.554
3. Andrea Dovizioso (Italy) Ducati 43:54.406
4. Stefan Bradl (Germany) Honda 43:56.220
5. Bradley Smith (Britain) Yamaha 43:56.393
6. Pol Espargaro (Spain) Yamaha 43:59.997
7. Andrea Iannone (Italy) Ducati 44:01.687
8. Valentino Rossi (Italy) Yamaha 44:18.949
9. Aleix Espargaro (Spain) Yamaha 44:21.035
10. Jorge Lorenzo (Spain) Yamaha 44:22.541