Arsenal ended its nine-year trophy drought on Saturday, coming from two goals...
Marquez wins season opener in Qatar
Defending champion Marc Marquez won the season opening Qatar Grand Prix as he dueled with Italian legend Valentino Rossi until the final corner in a thrilling finish to the Losail race.
Marquez secured his win from pole finishing a mere 0.259 seconds ahead of Rossi, with Dani Pedrosa coming home third.
Double world champion Jorge Lorenzo stormed to the front from the start only to crash out before the opening lap had been completed.
It was an impressive first outing for Marquez who broke his leg barely 5 weeks ago however it was the form of Rossi that will lift Moto GP fans as the Italian legend came from 10th position to chase Marquez all the way, showing that he is approaching his best form again after a disappointing return to Yamaha last season.
1. Marc Marquez (Spain) Honda 42:40.561
2. Valentino Rossi (Italy) Yamaha 42:40.820
3. Dani Pedrosa (Spain) Honda 42:43.931
4. Aleix Espargaro (Spain) Yamaha 42:52.184
5. Andrea Dovizioso (Italy) Ducati 42:52.720
6. Cal Crutchlow (Britain) Ducati 43:09.087
7. Scott Redding (Britain) Honda 43:13.154
8. Nicky Hayden (U.S.) Honda 43:13.189
9. Colin Edwards (U.S.) Yamaha 43:20.108
10. Andrea Iannone (Italy) Ducati 43:23.921